Qualifications for applying to a Graduate Business Program
The admission standards for all Graduate Business Programs (master programs and graduate certificates) are the same. To be eligible to apply, an applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and show high promise of academic success.
Graduate Business Programs take a holistic approach when evaluating student applications. Grade point average (GPA), letters of recommendation, professional experience, and GMAT are all considered when making an admissions decision. (The GMAT is WAIVED for applicants to all Graduate Business Programs, excluding Master of Accounting Applicants, for Spring 2022, Summer 2022 and Fall 2022.)
Applicants with a 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) qualify for regular admission. Students may be admitted on a restricted status if their GPA is slightly below 3.0. For questions or concerns, please contact us.
If you would like to learn more about our programs and admission requirements we encourage you to attend an upcoming information session.
Applicants must complete the following before admission to a Graduate Business Program is considered
- Submit a completed online Graduate School Application
- Submit official transcripts covering all collegiate academic work. (See below for transcript addresses)
- Take the GMAT and have your scores sent to UMSL. Under certain circumstances, students may petition to Waive the GMAT Exam
Note: The GMAT is waived for applicants to all Graduate Business Programs, excluding Master of Accounting Applicants and Business Administration PhD – Supply Chain & Analytics emphasis applicants for Fall 2022. GMAT waivers for applicants to the MAcc program are offered on a case-by-case basis; MAcc applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine whether they qualify for the GMAT waiver.
- Submit a current resume
- Recommendation Letters (Optional): You may include your recommender's name and email address in your online application. Recommendation letters are not required, but can strengthen an application
- Language Proficiency (International Applicants Only): Submit TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A or Duolingo Scores
International Graduate Applicant
For more assistance, please review UMSL Global's Graduate Applicant webpage
International Transcript Submission
Please review UMSL Global's International Transcript requirements.